Looking for Vehicle Hail or Collision Repair?
Choose a Total Storm Care Certified Repair Center
We Work With the Top Repair Facilities in Texas
Total Storm Care Certified locations offer the following for any make or model:
- Better access to rental and loan vehicles. We have agreements with local rental car providers to extend their fleet to our location with added support staff.
- Expedited auto glass replacement. We have agreements with auto glass replacement suppliers and vendors, providing additional automotive glass inventory and technicians to our location.
- Hail damage repair. Our on-site hail damage repair team provides fast and quality repairs.
- Factory Certified repair center. Assures all your vehicles safety systems and autonomous driving features are re-calibrated to factory specifications.
- Vehicle replacement program. If your vehicle is deemed a total loss from a weather-related event, we offer special incentives and help with replacing vehicle.
- Satisfaction guaranteed. All repairs come with a written lifetime warranty. Your vehicle’s exterior is washed, interior vacuumed and a complete quality inspection before it is returned to you.
- Conventional auto body repair and Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)
Your Nearest Certified Hail & Collision Center Is:
Call (866) 749-0514
Create Online Estimate, Book Appointments and Reserve Your Rental Car All Online.
What is PDR?
PDR is short for paintless dent repair or sometimes called paintless dent removal.
Conventional auto body dent repair relies on fillers to fix dents. Instead of addressing a dent, the filler covers it over so it can then be sanded and painted over. Paintless Dent Repair or PDR, directly addresses the dent in a way that does not require repainting. It a technique that shapes the metal back to its original structure and position. Dents, dings and creases are fixed using a special set of tools. This can include hand-held magnetic heat induction units, special dent pullers and repair tools that are designed to get behind a dent (or sometimes directly on it) to gently massage the metal back to its original shape. Special lighting and mirrors are used so the technician can get the best view of the dent and any shadows caused by the dent.
PDR is not only a technique but, it is an art. It takes many years for a technician to learn how to properly manipulate the automobiles metal back into shape without damaging the original integrity of the paint and clear coat. Therefore, it is important to deal with a reputable and experienced company. Many collision shops today will offer traditional repair for larger dents and PDR for smaller dents and dings.
Why Is PDR Preferable to Traditional Auto Body Repair?
Paintless Dent Repair is recognized by vehicle manufacturers as an acceptable form of repair for hail, dents or ding repair since it maintains the integrity of the automobiles original finish. PDR can keep the integrity of your original factory paint and is a fraction of the cost of traditional auto dent repair. PDR is also a much quicker repair option. Most PDR can be finished in a day or two instead of weeks. No need to sand, fill and paint your car, possibly having a negative effect on your automobiles value.
PDR may not be practical for all repair situations. If the damage is extensive or there is damage done to the paint, conventional auto body dent repair may be the only option. An experienced repair facility will be able to inspect your vehicle damage and help choose the correct repair situation that is right for your situation.